Latest Insights into Nutrition and Probiotic Research
Yakult's Study Day for Healthcare Professionals was held on the 20th October 2016 at the British Medical Association House, London.
The day focused on the latest nutrition and probiotic research and included presentations from various experts in the field.
• The importance of nutrition education for healthcare professionals Professor Sumantra Ray
• Probiotic recommendations for patients in the community Dr Gill Jenkins
• Metabolic disease, the influence of the gut microbiota and the potential of probiotics Dr Carl Hulston
• Brain-gut-microbiota axis Professor Ted Dinan
• The low FODMAP diet: an explanation and an update Dr Miranda Lomer
• Ulcerative colitis: an update on microbial modulation strategies Dr Ailsa Hart
• Diverticulitis: an update on probiotic research Dr John Nichols & Dr Barbara Engel
• Colorectal cancer: the influence of the gut microbiota and an update on probiotic research Dr Melanie Flint
• The gut microbiota in later life: an update on probiotic research in older people Professor Paul O'Toole
• The antimicrobial resistance time bomb: could probiotics help? Professor Mark Fielder
Presentations from the Study Day can be viewed below.