Home-hero-background

Search

Results for

International Yakult Symposium

The International Yakult Symposium is a scientific conference, hosted by the European Yakult Science Teams, for healthcare professionals, students, and researchers to hear experts in the field share research the gut microbiota and health.  

Read more
Conference Roadshow

The Yakult Science Team exhibit at a variety of healthcare and science related conferences, all across the UK and Ireland.  

Here you can find events that we will be attending. If you're there too, come over and find out more about our latest resources and information, or even just say hello!

 

Read more
Workplace Talks

We know how important it is for healthcare professionals to maintain up to date knowledge, and appreciate the restrictions on finding time and funding to attend conferences, so the Science Team can provide workplace talks to share research updates in the field of the microbiota. 

 

Read more
Workshops

The Yakult Science Team have previously arranged one-day workshops for healthcare professionals, but these have not been arranged for 2019. Join us at the Study Day instead this year. 

Read more
Yakult Symposium Report

Conference proceedings from the 2015 IYS held in Berlin..

Read more
HCP Probiotic Knoweldge

Survey results on HCP's knowledge and awareness of probiotics..

Read more
Key Resources

Resources exploring the gut microbiota, probiotics, LcS research & more 

Read more
GI Dietetic Meeting

Holiday Inn Royal Victoria, Sheffield

Read more
Gut colonisation in early life

01/03/19 Early life is often considered a window of opportunity for optimising the commensal gut microbiota to support host health. Here we look at recent studies, conducted in mice, suggesting that early colonisation may follow a “first-come, first served” pattern.

Read more
Biobanks to reverse decrease in the microbial diversity

01/03/19 The abrupt transition from a rural lifestyle to an industrialised environment is threatening the diversity of our gut microbiota. Could a biobank depository of microbes isolated from residents of rural areas in developing countries be a solution?

Read more
Parkinson’s and the gut microbiota

01/03/19 Research has suggested that the gut microbiota may play a role in the pathogenesis of Parkinson’s disease. To explore this further, researchers examined the composition of the microbiota of Parkinson’s patients and their disease progression over 2 years. 

Read more
Choosing a Probiotic

A flowchart of key characteristics to look for in a probiotic..

Read more
Antimicrobial Resistance

Prof Mark Fielder at the Yakult Study Day 2016

Read more
IBS

Yvonne Mckenzie (RD) at the Yakult Study Day 2014

Read more
Diverticulitis

Dr Nichols & Dr Engel (RD) at the Yakult Study Day 2016

Read more
Our Interview with Prof Julian Marchesi

01/03/19 We caught up with Prof. Julian Marchesi (Deputy Director & Professor of Clinical Microbiome Research, Centre for Digestive and Gut Health, Imperial College London) to ask about his research and outcomes from the International Cancer Microbiome Consortium. 

Read more
Celebrating Student Awards!

21/05/18 For over ten years, Yakult has been proud to support many academic and professional awards.  In 2017, we sponsored over 15 academic awards recognising the achievements of students at Universities across the UK and Ireland. We would like to congratulate...

Read more
Bacteria cells in a human body: 1.3:1 to replace 10:1?

13/04/18 For a while it has been said, in both scientific and non-scientific literature, that we are only 10% human, and bacteria make up the other 90% of cells in our bodies. Within the last couple of years, researchers have looked into this further to see if human cells really are outnumbered 10-fold by bacteria...

Read more