Free lunchtime study session in Manchester
When? 29 April 2014, from 12.15 to 13.30
Where? Chancellors Hotel and Conference Centre, Chancellors Way, Off Moseley Road, Fallowfield, Manchester M14 6ZT
What? An educational seminar explaining about probiotics and the latest research; Q&A session; free lunch
To book a place, please contact us, or call 020 8842 7600 and ask to speak to the Science Team.
The potential of probiotics for healthcare: An explanation and overview of current research.
The following will be covered:
- The gut microbiota and its importance for health
- The definition of probiotics; important characteristics
- Overview of research with focus on Lactobacillus casei Shirota:
- Infectious disease (C. difficile, diarrhoea, norovirus, upper respiratory tract infection)
- Functional gut disorders (IBS, constipation, IBD)
- Fundamental and mechanistic studies (e.g. immunomodulation)
- Emerging areas (e.g. liver disease, cancer)