Free educational seminars
Healthcare professionals need to maintain continuing professional development (CPD) and to know about the latest research evidence. There is a particularly high level of research in the field of probiotics, partly because evidence is considered to be strain-specific and also because there is a broad range of potential areas of benefit.
To help keep you updated on probiotics, Yakult's science team of qualified nutritionists offer free educational talks that review the latest and most relevant research in the field of probiotics. These seminars, which can fit into CPD programmes, describe how the intestinal microbiota influences health and explains probiotics (definition; criteria; mechanisms of activity; fundamental research).
Seminars can last as long as you wish, and can cover any or all of the following probiotic research areas:
- Gut function disorders - e.g constipation, IBS, IBD
- Infectious diarrhoea - e.g. Clostridium difficile (and antibiotic-associated diarrhoea); paediatric diarrhoeal; norovirus; etc.
- Other infections - e.g. Helicobacter pylori, human papillomavirus; post operative infections; upper respiratory tract infections
- Immune research - e.g. mechanistic trials in different population groups showing modulation of the immune response
- Specific target groups - sports people, older people, children
To enquire about an educational seminar, or a a free supply of product for a limited period for your hospital, practice or care home, contact our Science Team.